Adorable Easter Bunny Cupcakes
These Bunny Cupcakes will be a hit at Easter Time! This is one of our most popular easter recipes on Australian Mum. To change your Bunny Cupcakes up, you can substitute the shredded coconut for sprinkles or flaked chocolate.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
¾ cup + 2 tbs plain flour
¼ + 2 tbs cocoa powder
¾ tsp McKenzie’s Baking Powder
¾ tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
¼ tsp McKenzie’s Australian Natural Sea Salt
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
½ cup milk
¼ cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup boiling water
Butter Cream Icing
250g unsalted butter, softened
5 cups pure icing sugar
2 tsps vanilla essence
4 tsps full cream milk
2 cups McKenzie’s Shredded Coconut
20-24 large marshmallows
½ cup pink sprinkles
- Preheat an oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan-forced.
- Stir the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add the sugars and stir to combine.
- Add the egg, milk, oil and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the boiling water and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into each patty case until ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until cake skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make butter cream icing, beat butter with icing sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla essence and milk until smooth, adding extra milk or icing sugar if necessary.
- To make ears, pour sprinkles onto a small place. Using scissors, cut each marshmallow diagonally in half. Press the cut side of the marshmallow half into the sprinkles.
- To decorate pipe or spoon a generous amount of butter cream onto each cupcake. Reserve ¼ cup icing. Place coconut on a plate and gently press the cupcake (butter cream side down) into the shredded coconut until completely covered. Using the remaining icing, apply a small amount to each ear and fix into place.
This Recipe Is A Non Sponsored Contribution From Mckenzies Foods