Moist, delicious Christmas Cupcakes. Cooked in under 20 minutes, these cupcakes are perfect for the Christmas Season.
If you are making Christmas Cupcakes for end of year bake sales, the decorating can be substituted with icing and raspberry lollies.
Makes: Approx. 12
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Baking Powder
- 2 tbs cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla essence
- 2 tbs full cream milk
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsps full cream milk
- 125g Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12 x 1/3 cup capacity muffin tin with cupcake patties.
- Using an electric mixer on medium setting, mix all cupcake ingredients except the milk. Gradually add the milk and mix just until smooth.
- Divide the mixture across the 12 cupcake patties. A generous tablespoon should be sufficient. The mixture should triple in size once baked.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cake skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Butter Cream Icing
- Beat butter and icing sugar using an electric mixer.
- Beat in vanilla essence and milk until smooth, adding extra milk or icing sugar if necessary.
- Use spatula to slather generously over each cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with three raspberries and fresh mint to look like Christmas holly.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From McKenzie’s Foods