This divine pavlova wreath is the perfect Christmas Table centrepiece.
The pav is arguably an Australian and New Zealand national treasure of desserts.
Both countries claim the pav was invented as a tribute to Anna Pavlova, a world-renowned Russian ballet dancer who toured Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s.
But the true origin of the Pav has often come into question, it’s an interesting debate.
Regardless of origin, the pav will forever be an iconic dessert for aussie summers.
COCONUT PAVLOVA WREATH
This pavlova recipe features a pomegranate topping. If you would like something different, topping options for Pavlova Wreaths are endless. Here are a few different ideas.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp McKenzie’s Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Moist Flakes Coconut
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream, whipped
- 125g fresh raspberries
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Shredded/Moist Coconut, extra
- Preheat oven to 130oC. Line a baking tray with baking paper and trace a circle using a 22cm baking tin. Turn baking paper over.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the sugar a few tablespoons at a time. Beat until stiff and glossy. Gently fold through the coconut using a metal spoon.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue onto the marked baking paper to form a wreath. Repeat with a second layer of meringue over the first layer. Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave to cool completely with the oven door slightly ajar.
- To make the coulis, blend the fresh raspberries, lemon juice and sugar with a stick blender until smooth.
- To assemble, pipe or dollop the cream onto the pavlova. Drizzle over coulis and scatter with pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and coconut.
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!
Have you checked out our other holiday recipes?
Blow the families socks off at Christmas with these delicious treats.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From McKenzie’s Foods