Gingerbread Man Biscuits
Gingerbread Man Biscuits are the perfect recipe to bake with your kids.
Gingerbread biscuits are a timeless classic and are very easy to make. This is a popular recipe at Christmas time, especially to take to kindy and school events as a treat.
Makes: Approx. 20
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- 2 tsps McKenzie’s Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Royal Icing:
- 1 ½ cups pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Optional Smartie Buttons
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl with electric mixer until pale and creamy.
3. Add egg yolk and beat until just combined. Sift flour, Bi-Carb, ginger, cinnamon and cloves into the mixture. Use a wooden spoon to combine.
4. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Roll out dough to approximately 5mm thick. Use cutters to cut out shapes. If hanging on a string, with a skewer, create a hole in your preferred spot. Place on prepared trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Remove from oven and cool.
6. TO MAKE ROYAL ICING: Sift icing sugar into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and egg white to form a firm paste. Place in a piping bag fitted with a 1mm nozzle. Pipe icing onto biscuits. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!
We have more holiday recipes!
Rock your taste buds this Christmas with these delicious treats.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From McKenzie’s Foods