- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- butter, to serve
- Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with a little oil.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the mixture into circles in the pan. Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pikelets. Flip and cook for a minute or two on the other side, until golden. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Pack cold in school lunchboxes or
- Serve warm, spread with a little butter if desired.
This is a non-sponsored recipe from the IGA Family Program. The IGA Family program fosters healthy communities by providing you with healthy and affordable ways to inspire your family to eat well, get creative and enjoy being together outdoors.