Homemade & Healthy Fruit Muesli Bars
- 125g butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup natural muesli
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1½ cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup sultanas or sliced dried apricots
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Heat the butter, honey and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon into the prepared baking pan and press down with a spoon until evenly spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Cut into bars when cooled and then allow to cool completely before storing in a cool, dark place. These can also be frozen.
This is a non-sponsored recipe from the IGA Family Program. The IGA Family program fosters healthy communities by providing you with healthy and affordable ways to inspire your family to eat well, get creative and enjoy being together outdoors.