Sweet Potato Brownies
A delicious gluten and dairy free brownie that uses sweet potato. It’s almost guilt free….almost!
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- No Refined/Raw Sugar
- Healthier Home-Made Treat
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes peeled & grated
- 2 free range or organic eggs
- 2 tsp of organic vanilla extract or 1 tsp Honest to Goodness Organic Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 cup Honest to Goodness Organic Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Honest to Goodness Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp of Honest to Goodness Gluten and Aluminium Free Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup Honest to Goodness Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp of Honest to Goodness Organic Coconut Flour
- Half block organic dark chocolate
- Mix grated potato, eggs, vanilla extract, honey and olive oil in a mixer.
- Add baking powder and baking soda.
- Add cacao powder and mix and then add coconut flour.
- Spread on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes until set.
- Spread melted dark chocolate on top once the brownie has cooled.
- Serving option- a dollop of Greek yoghurt and strawberries.
This is a non-sponsored collaboration with Honest To Goodness & Australian Mum to bring you healthier home-made recipes.
Honest to Goodness voted Australia’s favourite organic brand (2015 & 2016) stocks over 1000 organic and natural products and on their website www.goodness.com.au with delivery across Australia and in selected IGA supermarkets. Based in Sydney you can visit their retail showroom in Alexandria or market stalls at Lilyfield Organic Farmers Market (Saturday) or Frenches Forest Organic Farmers Market (Sunday).
Have You Got A Recipe To Share?
Do you have some budget meal ideas? Smoothie Recipes or Desserts? Send us your recipe submission with contribution links. Contact Australian Mum HERE.