Coconut, Banana Yoghurt Muffins
These easy to make muffins can be eaten warm or cold, which makes them great for the school lunch box. These muffins only contain 1/2 a cup of sugar so are a much better alternative than store bought muffins & cupcakes.
- ⦁ 1 ¾ cups SR flour
- ⦁ ½ cup castor sugar
- ⦁ 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
- ⦁ 1 egg
- ⦁ 2/3 cup coconut oil plus extra
- ⦁ 2 medium bananas mashed
- ⦁ ½tsp ground cinnamon
- ⦁ 3tbs desiccated coconut
- ⦁ Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 hole cupcake or muffin pan.
- ⦁ Sift flour and sugar into a bowl and mix.
- ⦁ In a large bowl mix together the yoghurt, egg, oil, mashed bananas, cinnamon and 2tbs desiccated coconut.
- ⦁ Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. If mixture looks too dry then add some extra coconut oil, 1tsp at a time.
- ⦁ Spoon the mixture into muffin holes and top with extra desiccated coconut.
- ⦁ Bake for 20mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let muffins stand in pan for 5mins before removing.
This recipe is a non-sponsored collaboration with Susan Trani
Susan Trani is a Brisbane-based entrepreneur who has started Violet and Lily Pram Liners and Sleepy Beans Baby Bean Bags , together with her husband, Daniel. They have a three-year-old daughter and are very passionate about travel and food. Susan has recently started her journey from mummy to mumpreneur, with the end goal to be able to live anywhere in the world. Susan and her family have spent time living in Thailand and will be returning back there soon.
Have You Got A Recipe To Share?
Do you have some budget meal ideas? Smoothie Recipes or Desserts? Send us your recipe submission with contribution links. Contact Australian Mum HERE.