Smoked Chicken & Sweet Potato Pasta
I have been trying to cook more flavoursome meals for my children. Trying something new isn’t always easy. This Smoked Chicken & Sweet Potato Pasta is created with grated ingredients to make it easier for the littlest child to navigate at dinner time.
Making the meal easier to eat when its a new taste means I do not have to cut up meat over tears and everybody at the table is a winner. If you want to make it more adult friendly [although I thought it was nice the way it is] you simply dice your portions instead of grate them.
- 1 Cup Of Grated/Shredded Smoked Chicken Breast
- 3 Cups Of Pasta
- 1.5 Cup Of Grated Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Tasty Cheese
- Dash Of Coconut Milk
- Precook 3 Cups Of Pasta
- In a frypan toss your grated sweet potato and garlic for a few minutes or until soft. Add your smoked chicken and stir through. Add your pasta and cheese with a dash of coconut milk, stir through until the cheese has melted throughout.
- Serve on its own or as a side.
This recipe was relatively cheap to make. I used smoked chicken precooked which also made lunches for the next two days and was very filling considering the ratio of pasta used. Plates were licked clean after dinner. Mum Wins!
Have You Got A Budget Recipe To Share?
I started budget meals as I understand what its like to have goals when it comes to finances and feeding little mouths isn’t always cheap even when cooking in bulk. Do you have some budget meal ideas? Snap a picture and send one in! Visit the About Me section for email & guest blogging details.