Shaving Cream Sensory Play Activity
We had a great time using this shaving cream sensory play activity to make pretend sundaes.
We threw together this activity using things we already had around the home. I recommend full parental supervision when using products like shaving cream and colouring, just due to the potential hazards involved.
Make sure you put down a plastic sheet or old towels. For children who may be a bit messier, I recommend buying the kids plastic gloves. These are generally available in the cleaning aisle of your department store.
Shaving Cream play is great for a rainy day as it can be done on the shower floor or at a table with a plastic sheet. Shaving Cream, Pasta play and sensory sand are my favourite boredom hacks for children.
You Will Need
- One Bottle Of Shaving Cream
- Plastic party shot glasses
- Food Colouring
- Plastic Sheet or Old Towels
- Some cleaner for the aftermath
This is an awesome sensory play activity because the kids can do a range of things.
- Play pretend shopkeepers or Ice Cream truck.
- Feed some plastic babies with a spoon
- Drag the cream along paper with a small sponge
- Use a paint brush to dip in the cup, paint a picture.
Just don’t ACTUALLY eat the shaving cream 🙂