Living with an 11 year old preteen is fun. Right?
My Preteen is a beautiful creation. I adore him, sometimes I stare at him and think “wow, I made him” ….while he is asleep.
I see what everyone is talking about. By Everyone, I mean mothers with teenage boys.
We aren’t even there yet.
He puts the Pre in Preteen.
Although, my son is already the length of an 18 year old. He towers a whole 3cm over my short, stumpy 163cm frame. It’s not really hard to feel like I have a teenage son right now.
Especially with his will being strong. His will to be a pain in the ass.
“Set boundaries”…”Make rules”….”Don’t let him get away with it”….
Okay Martha settle down.
I’m just having a vent okay?
I do love him. But this is what my life has become.
Everyday. OKAY, most days. OKAY, some days…
- Why does the toilet smell like an animal pee’d in here?
- Why does this room smell like a mustard pickle fart?
- Where is all the food?
- I just went shopping….again…where is all the food?
- Why is there a scooter, a bike and a skateboard barricading the front door?
- Who messed up my netflix feed with SO MUCH ANIME?
- Who even watches that much Anime?
- When was the last time you opened a window in here?
- Where are all my cups, plates and drink bottles?
- My name is “Mum”, not Carlita, Harambe or Gertrude.
- When was the last time you showered?
- You showered this morning…*sniff*….are you 100% sure?
- How did you manage to get tomato sauce on the roof?
- That very long articulate story doesn’t even explain how you manage to get tomato sauce on the roof?
- Did you just fall off your chair again? I can’t even….nope..I’m done.
The most asked question is:
16. Where did my little boy go?
It’s not all bad, he’s got a beautiful nature.
He is super funny when he doesn’t take his toilet jokes WAY to far and even when he’s making fun of me, I often can’t contain my laughter.
It’s just temporarily under a stinky pubescent preteenagery veil that’s all…..right?
It get’s better…right?
Hellooooo why isn’t anyone telling me it’s getting better……*echoes*