Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 24 minutes
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Baking Powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60 g butter, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml thickened cream
- Extra 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200oC (180oC fan-forced)
- Line 2 large oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir through the sugar and chocolate.
- Using a fork, whisk together the eggs, butter and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir evenly.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on the lined oven trays about 5 cm apart. Gently press down to slightly flatten. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked.
- To make ganache icing, in a small saucepan over medium heat, carefully heat the cream. Bring just to the boil. Place chopped chocolate into a heat proof bowl and pour over hot cream. Allow to stand for 2 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Dollop ganache over biscuits and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From McKenzie’s Foods