Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp McKenzie’s Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Moist Flakes Coconut
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream, whipped
- 125g fresh raspberries
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Shredded/Moist Coconut, extra
- Preheat oven to 130oC. Line a baking tray with baking paper and trace a circle using a 22cm baking tin. Turn baking paper over.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the sugar a few tablespoons at a time. Beat until stiff and glossy. Gently fold through the coconut using a metal spoon.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue onto the marked baking paper to form a wreath. Repeat with a second layer of meringue over the first layer. Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave to cool completely with the oven door slightly ajar.
- To make the coulis, blend the fresh raspberries, lemon juice and sugar with a stick blender until smooth.
- To assemble, pipe or dollop the cream onto the pavlova. Drizzle over coulis and scatter with pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and coconut.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From McKenzie’s Foods