A Delicious Classic!
- 185g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 ½ tsps McKenzie’s Baking Powder
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Desiccated Coconut
- 1/ cup raspberry jam
- 60g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsps milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease oven trays.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a larger bowl and stir in sifted flour, baking powder and coconut in two batches.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into oval shapes. Place about 2.5cm apart on the trays. Flatten slightly. Bake biscuits for approximately 12-15 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool.
- Cream Filling: Beat butter, vanilla essence and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add milk and beat for a further minute.
- Sandwich biscuits with jam and cream filling.
Tips: Biscuits can be made ahead of time, just keep unfilled biscuits in an airtight container for up to a week.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From McKenzie’s Foods
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes! If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE