Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 50min
- 185g butter, diced and softened
- ¾ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g cream cheese, diced and softened
- 40g butter, diced and softened
- 1 ½ cups CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon rind
1. Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until pale creamy. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add vanilla, mixing well.
2. Fold in flour, banana and cinnamon until batter is smooth. Pour into a lined 20 x 20cm and 5cm deep slice tray.
3. Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. When completely cooled, spread with frosting.
4. For frosting, place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar until well combined then fold in the lemon rind.
– Cake can also be cooked in a round cake tin, although you may need to increase cooking time slightly
– Add some chopped walnuts into the mixture before cooking, or sprinkle some over the top of the frosting.
* Soft Icing Mixture
- A blend of pure icing sugar and tapioca starch to create a gluten free icing mixture
- Perfect when you need a softer setting icing sugar
- It creams effortlessly and dissolves instantly to create soft fluffy icings or glossy smooth glazes. Great for hard set icings such as Royal icing, flat icings, piping and decorative icing features.
- It creates a light and airy texture when baked, so can be used as an alternative to caster sugar for meringues and macaroons.
- It is also the perfect quality ingredient for icing, filling, dusting your delicious baking creations.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From CSR Sugar
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes!
If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE