Fish Fillets with Green Salad
- ½ cup Birch & Waite Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce
- 4 pieces (@ 200g) of firm white fish fillets
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 1 bunch mini asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 120g baby rocket
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Place a large frypan over a medium heat. Add oil, ensuring the pan is well-coated, then fish fillets, flesh side down, and panfry for 3-4 minutes. Gently turn fillets over and continue cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes or until flesh is pearly white (and flakes easily with a fork). Longer cooking time for thick fillets.
- Place a large saucepan filled ¾ with water over high heat and bring to the boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender for 1-4 mins depending on the thickness of the stalks (1 mins thin, 2-3 mins medium & 4 mins fat). Remove asparagus from the pan and refresh by placing immediately into ice cold water (or under cold running water) for 1 minute, to stop the cooking process.
- Combine salad ingredients, including the asparagus, in a large salad bowl. Toss gently.
- Serve fish fillets with salad and lemon wedge. Season to taste. Finish with Birch & Waite Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce served in a small bowl or dolloped directly onto the fillets.
Use any white fish fillet as they are lean & not oily eg. basa, snapper, perch, hake/hoki, ling, cod and barramundi. For increased texture, coat fish in flour or breadcrumbs, by firstly soaking the fish in a bowl of milk or egg for 3-5 mins before setting in flour or breadcrumbs (so they stick). If defrosting fish, use either 1. Refrigerator thaw method by placing fish in the chiller section 24 hours prior 2. cold water thaw method by placing fish in a sealed bag in a bowl filled with cold water (not warm/hot water as this may encourage bacteria growth) for @ 30mins 3. Microwave method by placing fish in the microwave under ‘de-frost’ & cooking immediately afterwards.
This Recipe is a Non-Sponsored Post From Birch & Waite . The ‘Free Range Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce’ featured in the recipe was awarded 2017 Product Of The Year in the sauce category by Nielsen.
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes!
If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE