Asian Style Drummies
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup Kecap Manis (a sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Into a bowl combine Kecap Manis, ginger and 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds.
- Use a small sharp knife to make two cuts, about 3 cm long and 1cm deep, in the thickest part of each chicken drumstick. Place the drumsticks onto the prepared tray and season with cracked pepper.
- Brush liberally with the marinade, coating the drumsticks completely.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap and put the marinated chicken in the fridge for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven for 200°C. Bake the drumsticks in the marinade for 45 minutes or until cooked through, turning (with a pair of tongs) and basting the drumsticks every 10 minutes. On the last baste, sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of sesame seeds.
This is a non-sponsored recipe from the IGA Family Program. The IGA Family program fosters healthy communities by providing you with healthy and affordable ways to inspire your family to eat well, get creative and enjoy being together outdoors.
Have You Got A Recipe To Share?
Do you have some healthy meal ideas? Smoothie Recipes or Desserts? Send us your recipe submission with contribution links. Contact Australian Mum HERE.