Gluten Free Mini Carrot Cake
Gluten Free Mini Cupcakes - Great For Separate Servings If You Have Guests With Celiac Dietary Needs.
- 55g McKenzie’s Rice Flour
- 50g cornflour (gluten free)
- 2 tsps Ward’s Baking Powder
- 1 tsps McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs mixed spice
- 200g almond meal
- 220g brown sugar
- 280g carrot, grated (approx. 2 medium carrots)
- 40g walnuts, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 85g pure icing sugar
- 40g walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 25cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift flours, baking powder, Bi-Carb, cinnamon and mixed spice in a large bowl.
- Stir in almond meal, sugar, carrots, walnuts and egg yolks.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whites into carrot mixture with a metal spoon until just blended.
- Pour into tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Frosting: Combine cream cheese, lemon juice and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well. Ice cake and then press handfuls of shredded coconut onto cake.
To make mini cakes, pour mixture into greased muffin trays. Top with icing and sprinkle with coconut.
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From Mckenzies Foods
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes!
If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE