- 250g butter
- 50g vanilla sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- Grated lemon rind from 2 lemons
- 1 cup McKenzie’s Fine Desiccated Coconut
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups Ward’s Pure Icing Sugar
- 1 ½ tbs lemon juice
- 2-3 drops yellow liquid food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced). Grease and lightly flour a 27x8cm fluted ring cake tin.
- Beat the butter, vanilla sugar and sugar until well combined. Beat in one egg at a time
- Add the grated lemon rind, coconut, self-raising flour and milk. Mix until combined.
- Pour cake batter into cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
This Recipe Is A Non Sponsored Contribution From Mckenzies Foods
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes!
If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE