Banana Lentil Muffins
- 1 cup McKenzie’s Green Lentils
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- 1 ½ tsp McKenzie’s Baking Powder
- ¾ cup sultanas
- Place lentils and 3 cups water into a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer for approximately 30-45 minutes. Puree to a smooth consistency with ¼ cup water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease 2 x 6 muffin trays.
- Combine lentil puree, egg, oil, sugar, bananas and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and sultanas. Gently stir into egg mixture. Mix until just combined – do not overmix.
- Spoon into greased muffin trays (approx. 2/3 full).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Tips/Variations: Replace sultanas with raisins or walnuts. Replace banana with 1 cup mashed mixed berries. Great source of protein and fibre.
This Recipe Is A Non Sponsored Contribution From Mckenzies Foods
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes!
If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE