Coconut Berry Slice
- 100g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp McKenzie's Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup McKenzie's Fine Desiccated Coconut
- 3/4 cup McKenzie's Shredded Coconut
- 225g plain flour, sifted
- 115g McKenzie’s Rice Flour
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 225g butter, at room temperature
- 410g pre-prepared fruit mince
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180oC/160oC fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and beat until combined. Sit flour and baking powder over butter mixture and stir to combine. Stir in buttermilk. Press mixture over base of the prepared pan. Spread jam over mixture.
- Whisk remaining eggs and sugar together in a bowl. Stir in the coconut. Sprinkle mixture over jam. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until light and golden. Cool in pan. Cut into pieces. Serve.
This Recipe Is A Non Sponsored Contribution From Mckenzies Foods
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes! If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE