One Bowl Wonder Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 1hr 10 min
3 cups plain flour
2 cups CSR White Sugar
½ cup cocoa
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp salt
¾ cup sunflower or vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups cold water
Milk Chocolate Ganache:
200g milk cooking chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan forced). Grease and line the base of a 22cm cake pan.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together into bowl and mix to combine. Make three deep wells in the mixture. Pour the oil into one well, the vinegar into the second and vanilla into the third. Pour cold water over the top and stir well with a fork or whisk. Pour into the pan.
3. Bake for 1hour 10minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake come out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then gently remove from the pan onto a cooking rack. Cool completely.
4. For the Milk Chocolate Ganache:
Heat the cream in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it has melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread cold mixture over the cooled cake.
* White Sugar
- Crafted from 100% natural Australian sugar cane
- Ideal for all your sweetening purposes including baking and cooking
This Recipe Is A Non-Sponsored Contribution From CSR Sugar
Australian Mum frequently partners with other bloggers to bring you awesome recipes!
If you would like to submit a recipe please contact us HERE