Monique’s Christmas Florentine Slice
Simple and Beautiful Home Made Food Gifts this Christmas
I really enjoy Christmas, the celebrations, the food and the getting together but the part that I don’t like is the commercialisation and that my kids seem to think that Christmas is all about receiving toys. So this year I am getting them involved in one of my favourite Christmas activities, Hand Made gifts – Just Because.
Whether it is a teacher, a neighbour or a friend. I absolutely love to cook little treats wrap them in cellophane and finish them off with a Christmas ribbon. The simple act of working together to make someone a little food gift that they are not expecting is really special and a ritual I want to encourage my kids to continue.
- 2 cups of cornflakes
- 1/2 cup of Oats
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- ½ cup Chopped Apricots
- ½ cup Sultanas
- 70g Toasted Slivered Almonds
- 50g Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup chopped Pistachios
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- 200g Condensed Milk
- 120 Milk or Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170’. Line 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking paper
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate in a glass mixing bowl and stir until well combined
- Pour mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove and cool on rack.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water into a liquid form. Using a spatula, spread chocolate evenly on bottom of slice. Leave to set in fridge.
- Cut into muesli bar sized slices.
- Place 4 slices in clear cellophane with Christmas ribbon.
This recipe is a non-sponsored guest post from Monique from Happetite Food.
Happetite Food. deliver Feel-Good Food gifts for people at times of celebration or sadness, new baby, bereavement or just because. A home cooked meal and a thoughtful note can make all the difference.
Perfect little Christmas treats for friends, family, teachers and neighbours. Bringing back the gift of giving food.