Christmas Pancake Stack
Haul in the festive spirit with the kids and kick start Christmas with a delicious pancake Christmas tree. To make this recipe easy and convenient, the Kambrook Golden Pancake Perfection can create two large, light and fluffy pancakes in just minutes.
- 160g unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups caster sugar
- 1¼ tsp vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 3¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch bi-carbonate soda
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Cream Cheese icing
- 750g softened cream cheese
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla paste
- In a mixer cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until combined.
- Mix together the sour cream and milk.
- Sift the plain flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and bi-carbonate soda together.
- Add the milk mixture and the flour mixture alternately to the creamed butter and sugar mixture and fold through until incorporated.
- Add the red food gel and fold to incorporate.
- Pre-heat the Golden Pancake Perfection until the green READY light is illuminated.
- Place ¼ cup of red velvet mix into each pancake well and close the lid and cook for three minutes. Remove the pancakes carefully using a silicon spatula and let cool on a wire rack.
- Continue cooking until the pancake batter is all used.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Place the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag with a round piping nozzle.
- Pipe the icing on top of a pancake by starting around the outside then fill in, place another pancake on top and repeat until desired height is reached. Keep one pancake spare for the star on top.
- Decorate as desired.
- Using a star cookie cutter, cut a star out of the leftover pancake and decorate. Pipe some cream cheese on top of the stack and place the star on top.
This Recipe Is A Non Sponsored Guest Post From Kambrook Australia