Quick-and-Easy Healthy Bean and Salmon Salad
Salads don’t always have to be served cold, and they definitely don’t need to be boring! This yummy lunch only takes 15 minutes, and is full of essential nutrients, crunchy nuts, and delicious Atlantic salmon!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbs. mirin
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- ½ cup crushed peanuts
- 3 tbs. sesame seeds
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 600g fresh green beans
- ½ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 x 200g tin of Atlantic salmon
- To make the sauce, firstly use a small pan to toast the crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut. Toast them one at a time until you can start smelling their delicious aromas when your head is over the pan.
- Combine these dry ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in the soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil. Put aside.
- In the mean time, use a large pan to steam the fresh green beans and shallots. Place the beans, shallots and ¼ cup of water in the pan and cover with a lid. Steam for 5-7 minutes or until just soft.
- Add in the tin of Atlantic Salmon (after getting rid of the excess water found naturally in the tin) to the beans. Mix slowly while letting it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the beans, shallots and salmon off of the heat and into a large bowl. Pour over the delicious Japanese-style sauce. Serve and enjoy!
This Recipe is a non-sponsored guest article from Food Fitness Fashion (An Australian-based health and fitness website, inspiring us to eat healthy, stay fit, to look good whilst doing it!).
Guest Author Bio: Food Fitness Fashion is an Australian-run website with the aim of inspiring likeminded individuals to eat healthily, get fit, and to look good whilst doing it! We have a collection of unique, easy-to-follow recipes and workouts, along with the tonne of wellness tips and interviews featuring other health and wellness gurus!
Have You Got A Recipe To Share?
Do you have some healthy meal ideas? Smoothie Recipes or Desserts? Send us your recipe submission with contribution links. Contact Australian Mum HERE.