Organic Penne Pasta with Vegan Cheesey Chickpea Crumble
Vegan diets are based on grains and other seeds, vegetables, edible mushrooms, legumes, fruits, and nuts. Whether you are Vegan, Vegetarian or just want something delicious for dinner without meat you definitely need to try this pasta dish!
- 2 cans of Honest to Goodness Organic Cherry Tomatoes 400g
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp Honest to Goodness Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced + extra
- Sea salt, to taste
- Organic black pepper, to taste
- 1 can Honest to Goodness Organic Chickpeas 400g
- 1/4 cup Honest to Goodness Organic Pine Nuts
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 500g Honest to Goodness Organic Penne Pasta
- Open the cherry tomato tins and drain out the tomato liquid. (You may store this useful liquid in a jar in the fridge for future cooking use)
- Transfer the tomatoes to a large bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and let sit for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well. Towel dry the chickpeas as thoroughly as possible before transferring them to a lined baking tray.
- Toss the chickpeas with the remaining olive oil (1 tsp) and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for approximately 12 minutes, or until chickpeas are slightly crisp and browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the pine nuts, before roasting for another 4-6 minutes or until the pine nuts are browned. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine the roasted chickpeas & pine nuts with the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, lemon zest and some salt in a food processor and pulse until you have a crumbly texture. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta with a pinch of salt in a large pot of boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the bowl of tomatoes and toss until well combined and coated.
- Top the pasta with the cheesy chickpea crumble mixture, extra sliced basil and chilli (if desired). Serve immediately and enjoy!
This is a non-sponsored collaboration with Honest To Goodness & Australian Mum to bring you healthier home-made recipes.
Honest to Goodness voted Australia’s favourite organic brand (2015 & 2016) stocks over 1000 organic and natural products and on their website www.goodness.com.au with delivery across Australia and in selected IGA supermarkets. Based in Sydney you can visit their retail showroom in Alexandria or market stalls at Lilyfield Organic Farmers Market (Saturday) or Frenches Forest Organic Farmers Market (Sunday).
Have You Got A Recipe To Share?
Do you have some healthy meal ideas? Smoothie Recipes or Desserts? Send us your recipe submission with contribution links. Contact Australian Mum HERE.