Mini Apple and Coconut Crumbles with Coconut Yoghurt
- 4 apples, cored and cut in half - Apples can be replaced with pears.
- 2 tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted + extra for brushing
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup oats*
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh dates, chopped
- 1 orange, cut in half (for squeezing)
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 150g coconut yoghurt
- Preheat oven to between 180 - 200C degrees.
- Mix oats, coconut, cinnamon, dates, vanilla extract, orange zest, butter or coconut oil in a
- bowl and roll into balls.
- Rub each apple half with 1 tsp butter/coconut oil (melted) and top with 1-2 tbsp of oat ball
- topping, press down to secure the topping.
- Place apple halves in a lined baking dish and squeeze orange juice over the top. Bake for 30-
- 40 minutes, until the top is golden, making sure not to burn.
- Serve with an optional dollop of coconut yoghurt with a good squeeze of orange juice mixed
- in with it.
For a gluten-free version use brown rice or quinoa flakes.
This Recipe is a non-sponsored guest post from Celebrity Chef Zoe Bingley – Pullin.
Zoe Bingley-Pullin is a Sydney-based Nutritionist, Celebrity Chef and co- host of Network Ten’s Good Chef Bad Chef and mother to toddler Emily.
This recipe is a Perfect for dessert when it’s a “Girls night in”, this is one of Zoe’s “family favourite” recipes from her new cookbook Falling in Love with Food: A Cookbook and a Love Story. Zoe’s philosophy is around Falling in Love with Food and eating for a better lifestyle.
Zoe has just launched her self-published cookbook- Falling in Love with Food: A Cookbook and a Love Story, RRP: $34.95 available from Dymocks and her online store.
The book is very personal, featuring chapters and recipes from different phases of her life including fun things she ate in her childhood while training as a chef at Le Cordon Bleu School in London, studying nutrition, becoming a mother and more.
For more recipes and inspiration visit: www.fallinginlovewithfood.com
Have You Got A Recipe To Share?
Do you have some healthy meal ideas? Smoothie Recipes or Desserts? Send us your recipe submission with contribution links. Contact Australian Mum HERE.