Pineapple Fried Rice – Budget Meal
Pineapple Fried Rice is a new budget meal I’ve been cooking on the cheap for my kids. The pineapple in a larger amount give the rice a much stickier texture which my little people prefer. This is the original more traditional recipe however I chose to use Carrot finely diced and Sweet potato grated (along with Bacon & Pineapple).
Sometimes I add the shallots & peas for my own benefit and I just pick them out for the kids who just wont even go there. This recipe is in the budget meal section because its incredibly filling for the price per meal. The most expensive ingredient is bacon. Prawns are optional.
You can use shredded chicken or other meat if you have no bacon or add extra vegetables with no meat included.
Fried Rice Dish With Pineapple
- 5 cups of cooked rice
- 3 rashers bacon, finely diced
- 2 Diced shallots
- 2 Cups Of Chopped Vegetable Of Your Choice
- 125gm Chopped Pineapple
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup Chopped Prawns [Optional]
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan or wok
- Add bacon, shallots, and diced vegetables until cooked
- Add Soy Sauce and Stir through
- Add Pineapple and cook for 1 minute
- Add Rice, cook for 4 minutes, Stir 3-4 Times
- On the side of the pan make some space, cook egg stirring with a fork. Once almost cooked spread throughout the rice.
Pineapple will give the rice a sticker texture. See original blog post for Vegetable options.
Have You Got A Budget Recipe To Share?
I started budget meals as I understand what its like to have goals when it comes to finances and feeding little mouths isn’t always cheap even when cooking in bulk. Do you have some budget meal ideas? Snap a picture and send one in! Visit the About Me section for email & guest blogging details.