Kids Block Construction Activity
In This Block Construction Activity, you can Re-Purpose your Jenga blocks!
Australian Mum aims to publish plenty of Rainy Day activities for your children that do not require you opening your wallet!! Usually, these things are lying around the house somewhere. Dust them off and let the games begin.
Subscribe to Australian Mum to stay updated with weekly activity ideas for your children and follow our Facebook page for extra content outside of the blog. I regularly post fun activities for kids and projects that offer unique engagement.
Activity 1: DIY Mini Skatepark
You Will Need:
- Optional Background
- Mini Skateboards and/or Cars
Step 1: After creating your background stick it on a wall with Blu Tack
Step 2: Set up an obstacle course with ramps and steps out of wooden blocks
Step 3: Introduce your Skateboards to the Mini Skatepark
Being more of a preschool activity the blocks get knocked down pretty quickly. That’s the whole fun of the project. Then to build it back up and try new things with the blocks.
My daughter loves building the Skate Park but both genders can do other scenarios.
An example of a few more Block Construction Activity themes:
- Mini Farm using plastic farm animals
- Jurrasic Theme using plastic Dinosaurs
- Circus using small bouncy balls, balancing beams etc
- Princess castle using small dolls & horses
- Medieval castle using knight figurines
- Army base using plastic soldier kit
- Pirate pontoons, wooden block boats and figurines