DIY Party Binoculars
These DIY binoculars are really easy to make and are very budget friendly.
They also have what I call the “DIY” look that often makes parties that much more special in comparison to the shop purchased pre-printed items or plastic items from mass-produced factories in china.
The binoculars I am doing are a dinosaur/safari Theme so I printed off some black and white dino paper.
I have seen some other great designs using printed duct tape, Wrapping paper, Black spray paint with silver foil and more.
I have also made a few using takeaway plastic coffee cups which were nowhere near as easy but they look cool. I’m still refining the process with those but I will share in the future.
What You Will Need For DIY Binoculars
- Toilet Paper Rolls (2 Per Binocular)
- Outer Paper Wrapping (I used cheap recycled Paper Lunchbags)
- Deco Paper (I used Foil and Dinosaur, Printed Paper)
- Glue & Tape
- Optional Hot Glue Gun
- Take your toilet rolls and wrap each one with your design paper. Alternatively, you can paint all of your rolls instead. I chose simple brown paper on the outside as my objective was to use only what I had around the house.
- Glue or tape your rolls together. With a hot glue gun, you can use a strip of glue and place the rolls together. I chose a small piece of tape at each end instead.
- Design the outside of the DIY Binoculars. You can use one simple strip of paper around the outside or get creative. I used foil on the ends, a strip in the middle and drew some pictures of buttons and knobs on some. I also printed out some pictures of buttons and other instruments.
- String your binoculars